Make a Plan: Get the Tools you need!
The web-based tool developed for Feeding America visualizes and maps local hazards, social vulnerability and community resilience. The tool also includes a list of customizable planning elements based on a food bank's capacity and operational maturity level such as template language for plan elements that can be easily integrated into a food bank's disaster preparedness plan.
The Workplace Action Resiliency Planning (WRAP) tool allows food banks to
- Learn about the value and challenges associated with keeping food banks up and running.
- Research a food bank's local hazard exposure.
- Use the interactive mapping tool to examine local conditions.
- Determine the planning tier that a food bank is in.
- Utilize the resources, templates and forms for each planning element and integrate them into plans.
- Find additional resources such as local state and county hazard mitigation plan.
Let's get started together.
Watch a video describing the different elements of the tool or move on to some background reading on the value of disaster planning or jump right into Step 1.
- Liesel Ritchie, Virginia Tech
- Nnenia Campbell, Bill Anderson Foundation and Natural Hazards Center at the University of Colorado at Boulder
- Jamie Vickery, University of Washington and Natural Hazards Center at the University of Colorado at Boulder
- Susan L. Cutter, University of South Carolina
- Melanie Gall, Arizona State University
In collaboraton with: Feeding America